This full time, permanent position is based out of Winnipeg, Manitoba, with some travel required. The Successful candidate will be a CSA W178.2 Level 2 Inspector, other CSA and CGSB qualifications are considered an asset, but not required. Experience with structural steel is required.
AXIS offers a cost-shared health & dental policy, company vehicle, mobile phone and tablet, as well as all required job equipment.
Wage will be based on qualifications and experience.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform visual inspection on structural steel, piping & other projects.
Responsibilities: Perform inspection of cranes, mobile equipment, lifting devices, and various other structures.- Communicate requirements and results of the inspection to customers- Complete required documentation relating to field inspections
Required Qualifications: Good communication (English, written and verbal), and organizational skills.- 2-5 years of experience (NDT, welding, fabrication, or construction), or equivalent education- Valid driver license- Ability to lift 30 lbs, work occasionally at heights, and work for extended periods outdoors in all seasons.- Only candidates with approval to work permanently in Canada will be considered.
The following qualifications would be considered helpful, but not necessarily required: CWB level,2, or 3 inspection certification (CSA W59 preferred)- CGSB certification or completion of courses (MT, PT or UT is a plus)- Completion of engineering technology program in mechanical, welding, or civil engineering- Welding and/or fabrication experience or knowledge of processes involved.- Familiarity with common crane and lifting equipment.
We offer a competitive benefits package including but not limited to, medical, dental, extended health
- Visual Inspector: Minimum 2 years
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Perform QC/QA on structural steel projects, and piping.
- Complete appropriate reports for the inspections performed.
- Complete job hazard assessment sheets prior to beginning tasks.
- Communicate with the rest of the inspection team to ensure job completion.
- Enhance and encourage teamwork among other inspectors & technicians.
- Ensure a complete understanding of the applicable codes and standards for a specific inspection.
- Complete field reports to ensure that a thorough inspection was performed.
- Ensure conformity to the requirements of the CWB, CGSB, CSA and AXIS Inspection Group’s documented quality management system.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest in this position, but only selected candidates will be contacted.