- Civil engineers created the slippery part of the water slide.
- The snowboard was invented by an engineer.
- The word engineer comes from a Latin word meaning ‘cleverness’.
- It’s not just animators who create the epic special effects in movies. Engineers play a vital role in morphing the action into reality.
- The iconic Ferris Wheel was not only invented by an engineer. It is today consider one of the greatest engineering feats in history.
- The little dimples on golf balls were designed by engineers to help reduce drag which makes the ball fly further.
- All bridges, buildings and man-made lakes had an engineer at their helm during development and construction.
- Whenever astronauts have been sent to Space, it was an engineer on the ground responsible for the launch and safe return of the crew and spacecraft.
- When companies like Nike, Adidas and NewBalance need to design a new athletic shoe – they turn to engineers to design them for the ultimate in protection, performance, and comfort.
- Medical tools and equipment save lives and almost all of them are designed by engineers.
Engineers play a vital role across virtually every industry in North America. Any time that an accurate design is needed, it’s an engineer who is called in to complete the job.
If you’re interested in a career where you can be involved in charting technological history, engineering might just be for you.