If you read my first blog on things to do in St. John’s and still are looking for more, here you are! Some more great highlights of what looks like an amazing destination. Hope I can manage to get to all the seminars at the conference!
Looking forward to seeing you there and hearing what your favorite attraction is in the area!
- Site of the Final battle of seven years war was fought here
- Cabot tower, exhibits about its history
- This windy location is best to visit in the summer months.
Picture: “Signal Hill St John’s NF 2”. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons – http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Signal_Hill_St_John%27s_NF_2.jpg#/media/File:Signal_Hill_St_John%27s_NF_2.jpg
- Easternmost point in north America
- Home of the Oldest Lighthouse in the province
- Amazing View of the eastern coastline
- Learn about how the lighthouse keepers lived
- Entry point to East Coast Trail
Picture: Marshall, Brad. Cape Spear Lighthouse. Digital image. Panoramio. N.p., n.d. Web. <https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/92642070>
- hiking trail, takes you past cliffs and fjords, 50 metre suspension bridge, wave driven geyser, and more
- This museum and library was built in 1850.
- Features nature trails
- Enjoy a simple lunch or glass of wine garden café while taking in the displays
- Stunning art and botanical displays
Picture: Avery, Zoe. Botanical Garden Pond & Flowers. Digital image. Panoramio. N.p., n.d. Web. <https://ssl.panoramio.com/photo/42514907>.
- interactive exhibits for kids
- exhibits on space, rocks, the titanic, and more
- Features a 3D movie theatre
Waterfront (Just a 5 minute walk from the Delta!)
- An assortment of Restaurants featuring the local catch of the day
- Depending on the time of year you may get to see icebergs and whales
- Learn about the history of Newfoundland
- Learn about birds and animals of Newfoundland
- Art exhibits
Pippy Park (suncor energy fluvarium)
- A great all season park, featuring: golfing, camping, hiking/walking trails, wetlands in the warmer months and skiing and snowshoeing in the winter
- A Place for train LOVERS!
- The historic location where Terry Fox dipped his foot in the Atlantic ocean in 1980
If you missed our blog a few weeks back on “Get Crunk in St. John’s” click here for even more to do and places to eat in St. John’s!
I look forward to adding my own photos when I return!
Until next week,